UMSA Ball 2006 - Revival of the Fairytale
This was our first ball that we attended at university. We were all dressed in typical black dresses. The ball was held in Crowne Plaza with the theme Revival of the Fairytale. The first ball I attended with a ball partner. Thank you so much for the white orchid.

UMSA Ball 2007 - Timeless Journey
I was part of the UMSA committee in 2007 as a photographer. Was busy preparing for the ball that I didn't quite have time to take a good picture with the other two lovely ladies. Only managed to find this one with the three of us in still in our jackets. The Timeless Journey was held in Byron on Spencer in North Shore. Being part of the committee had its ups and downs, overall, it was all good. Thank you so much for the dress.
UMSA Ball 2008 - The Red Carpet
Held in the Rendezvous Hotel in conjunction with the Malaysia Independence day, the ball was by far the best that I've been. The venue, food and entertainment was good. The company was even better. Surrounded by plenty of good friends and good people. (A good memorable ball, as I was daring enough to actually just wrap a huge red shawl around myself with a belt as a dress)

---
Many things have changed. Many pleasant surprises.
Another eight weeks till the end of the semester. The end of another chapter is coming to a close too fast. University had been a great teaching lesson for me. I've learnt alot and grown so much since I entered uni as a fresh grad. I know I've definitely changed a lot.
Back in first year, I was this tomboy who comes into Engineering thinking I can prove that even girls can do Engineering (I suppose I was just proving it to myself). I always had my hair tied up, never once in the year I wore a skirt or a dress. Didn't even bother to go to the UMSA ball as I didn't participate in any of the UMSA activities in the first year as I was busy working during the weekends at McCafe.
Begining of the second year was emotional. Went through a very rough ride during the early of the semester. But things got better in the second semester, very much better. Things just began to happen and fall into place. Met so many more wonderful people and who had given me a chance to experience and learn. And then someone special came along and things just continued to flourish.
Third year was the busiest and toughest year in university. Design projects, maths assignment, and thermo tests = not fun. But we survived it. We all went through it. It was a tough year, but we managed. In addition being part of the UMSA committee, having more responsibilities and tasks throughout the year. Also, the trip down to the South Island for the first time in at least ten years to support for the UMSA volley team at Christchurch.
Now we're in our final year. How the past three years had past. All the experiences and memories shall be cherished forever. I'm going to miss university.
No comments:
Post a Comment